This page provides a list of Philadelphia Social Security office locations in Pennsylvania. Select one of the office locations below to get the Social Security office hours, phone number and driving directions. They can help you with questions or issues with your retirement benefits and schedule an appointment, if required.
1500 John F. Kennedy Blvd 20th Floor
2 Penn Ctr Ste 2000a
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19102
3400 Aramingo Ave
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19134
3336 S Broad Street
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19145
Preparing for your visit to a Philadelphia Social Security Office
What documents do I need to bring?
Depending on the purpose of your Philadelphia Social Security Office visit, you'll most likely need to bring documentation such as:
- Your birth certificate
- Your passport
- Proof of United States citizenship or legal US residency
- Your Social Security Card
- Proof of address
- Bank statements and/or proof of income
More information on what documents you will need for your visit can be found here.
How do I make an appointment at a Philadelphia Social Security Office?
It is always advisable to make an appointment before visiting a Philadelphia Social Security office. You can make an appointment by calling 1-800-772-1213 (TTY 1-800-325-0778) between 8:00 am and 7:00 pm, or directly call the local office you want to visit. Appointments are rarely available the same day or even the same week, so it is advisable to plan ahead.
What Services are available at a Philadelphia Social Security Office?
Many services are available at your local Social Security Office, including, but not limited to:
- Request a new or replacement Social Security card
- Request changes to your Social Security card
- Review your Social Security statement or earnings history
- Estimate your retirement benefits
- Get a copy of your proof of benefits
- Apply for Social Security retirement benefits
- Apply for benefits for Supplemental Security Income (SSI) or Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI)
- Apply for Social Security spousal or survivor benefits
- Apply for Medicare or get a replacement Medicare card
- Set up direct deposit for your Social Security benefits